YOU'RE ON MY FRIENDS LIST, I WANNA KNOW YOU...I want to know 33 things about you. I don't care if we never talk, never liked each other, or if we already know everything about each other. Short and sweet is fine...You're on my list, so I wanna know you better! :)
1. Can you cook? Tolerably well, but the demands of my usual clientele are very simple.
2. What was your dream growing up? Too many to mention. The one with the giant spiders stands out.
3. What talent do you wish you had? To be able to play the fiddle would be great, though I wouldn’t sell my soul to get it. Collateral benefit: it’s the perfect excuse for not dancing.
4. Favorite place? Oh gosh. There’s a small seaside resort I’ve been arriving at in my dreams off and on since I was a child – sometimes cycling there, sometimes on the bus, sometimes by steam train across water meadows. Usually I wake up before I get to spend much time in the place itself, but I always judge real resorts by the extent to which they resemble that one. I’ve caught glimpses of it in St Ives, Clevedon, Oak Bluffs, and various other places that otherwise have little in common.
5. Favorite vegetable? Asparagus. Or roast potatoes. Or both!
6. What was the last book you read? The manual for my mobile phone.
7. What zodiac sign are you ? Aquarius
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? No.
9. Worst Habit? Not for me to say.
10. Do we know each other outside of lj? No, though we have mutual friends.
11. What is your favorite sport? I only spectate – but with that proviso, football.
12. Negative or Optimistic attitude? Optimistic, ultimately.
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? Give you a leg up through the hatch and wish you luck.
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you? Not telling.
15. Tell me one weird fact about you: I can wiggle my ears independently, and will do so on demand and without charge.
16. Do you have any pets? I am the custodian of other people’s - two dwarf Russian hamsters, currently. I also have a regular role as sexton and eulogist.
17. Do you know how to do the macerana? Uh? Waterproof? Clump free?
18. What time is it where you are now? Time I was on my way.
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Scary – isn’t that the point? (Ditto with china dolls.)
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? Smaller feet.
21. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience? Depends on the crime. I might be the one turning you in.
22. What color eyes do you have? A subject of much debate. My mother always told me they were brown, and for many years I believed her, but in fact they are a curious mixture of green and blue-grey slate, with flecks of brown and yellow. The proportions change according to the light. Not everyone finds them as fascinating as I do.
23. Ever been arrested? No.
24. Bottle or Draft? Are we talking beer? Then draft.
25. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it?. Convert it to sterling. Sadly, I’d then probably pay it towards my mortgage.
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew? Sugar-free, spearmint. Chewing rather than bubble. (Does anyone really want to know this?)
27. What 's your favorite bar to hang at? I’m a sucker for country pubs, with brasses and beams. Ideally I’d also like the smell of wood and pipe smoke pumped in, the way they do with bread in supermarkets.
28. Do you believe in ghosts? Agnostic tending towards scepctical, if by ‘ghosts’ you mean the wandering souls of the dead. Ghostly experiences – sure.
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Fill in memes, evidently.
30. Do you swear a lot? No.
31. Biggest pet peeve?. I thought you said ‘pet perve’! I’m not sure – but the first one to spring to mind (because I LJ’d about it once before) is the habit some cafes have of putting a paper napkin under your food, rendering it greasily useless in advance.
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Monosyllabic.
33. Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you? Just have.